Preparing for Your Visit
We want you to feel as comfortable as possible while you're with us. We encourage you to ask questions of your physician and our staff to help you prepare for your visit to our health care facility.
What to Bring
Some items* you may wish to bring:
- Blanket or quilt
- Favorite pillow
- Snacks (if you do not have dietary restrictions)
- Toothbrush and comb
- Warm socks or slippers
If you have any questions about what you may bring, please ask your nurse or medical caregiver or call (954) 538-5000.
*Electrical devices must be approved by the Memorial Hospital Miramar Facilities Department for safety.
Below is a brief list of items that must be accomplished prior to your surgery. Every effort will be made by our staff to make this stressful time as pleasant as possible.
- 1. Meet with the surgeon to discuss the procedure.
- 2. Schedule surgery, preadmission testing and hospital admission through your surgeon's staff (testing may be done at the surgeon's office, a lab or at the hospital).
- 3. Follow your surgeon's specific surgical guidelines.
- 4. Arrange for directed-donor blood donations, if desired (discuss with your surgeon).
- 5. Arrive at the hospital at the scheduled time.
More detailed information will be given, as needed, before and during your admission.
Is Your Doctor a Memorial Doctor?
To find a physician who is committed to South Florida healthcare services, call Memorial Physician Referral Service toll-free at (800) 944-DOCS. We're available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.